The Flexpress Environmental Policy
Introduction and strategy
Flexpress is a private limited company based in Leicestershire at Coal Cart Road, Birstall.
Our main activity is the production of printed materials primarily for other graphics professionals. To achieve this, we use a variety of different materials, digital and lithographic printing processes and finishing operations.
We recognise that our operations have the potential to negatively impact on our environment so our aim is to minimise this as much as possible. We will continue to work to reduce the environmental impacts of our business and operate in an environmentally responsible manner.
The key points of the Company’s strategy to achieve this are:
- Integrating the consideration of environmental concerns and impacts into all our decision making and activities.
- Promoting environmental awareness among our employees and encourage them to work in an environmentally responsible manner.
- Meeting or exceeding all environmental legislation that applies to our Company. In particular to use, handle, transport, store and dispose of potentially environmentally damaging materials within the appropriate legislation and codes of practice.
- Minimising waste by evaluating operations to ensure they are as efficient as possible.
- Encouraging efficient use of materials and resources through our facility including water, electricity, raw materials and other resources, particularly those that are non-renewable.
- Promoting the recycling of our materials wherever possible; this includes waste paper, aluminium printing plates and plastics.
- Using environmentally accredited materials whenever and wherever possible.
- Avoiding unnecessary use of hazardous materials and products, seeking substitutions where feasible, and taking all reasonable steps to protect human health and the environment when such materials have to be used, stored and disposed of.
- Striving to continually improve our environmental performance.
This environmental policy applies to all our operations. Steve Wenlock, Managing Director is responsible for ensuring this policy is implemented. However all employees have a responsibility in their area to ensure that the aims and objectives of the policy are met.
To continue to achieve our aims we have set the following targets for 2019 and 2020:
- To move 21,000 more Kwh per annum of electricity to renewable sources (and investigate the possibility of Solar PV panels to achieve this).
- To install energy efficient LED lighting throughout the business
- To reduce materials wastage by at least 1%
- To reduce the number of vehicles we operate by 2
- To inform all our customers and suppliers of our commitment to reducing our environmental impact by 30th June 2019
We will ensure that necessary resources are available to enable us to achieve our targets.
Monitoring and auditing
Progress against these targets will be monitored at monthly management meetings.
This Environmental Policy is publicly available on the company website www.flexpress.co.uk/the-flexpress-environmental-policy
Can't find what you're looking for?Contact Us
A small note to say a big thank you for your help with our recent order. I really appreciated you checking in with us before going to print and for your help in posting to two addresses.
Thanks for delivering the Publications Catalogue so promptly – they look great too.
I just wanted to contact you and say thanks for the great customer service and assistance you gave me. We had never used you before and due to the service and the folders we received, we will be contacting you again in the future.
Just wanted to say many thanks again for the continued good service this year.
Thank you the handbook was excellent. A top class job and we are all happy